VOGUE PARODY: 73 Questions w/ ItsBetterInHeels
Hello sunny days! I am loving how it looks like the afternoon at 8pm! As you’ve read from the title, I’ll be doing the Vogue 73 questions thanks to my girl Natonya from JustNatonya. Head over to her page to read up on some of her answers and to know the face behind @sheiconic on Insta. If you need some style inspiration from some boss females and love reading inspirational captions, go follow @sheiconic!
Keep reading if you want to know more about me or want to find out what my rapper name is 😉 Let’s get started…
What’s your usual Starbucks order?
My usual for the last few months was the ULTRA CARAMEL FRAPPUCCINO, but unfortunately it is out of season (like UGGS) and has been removed from the menu. I tried the MANGO DRAGONFRUIT LEMONADE REFRESHER (mouth full to say, itsn’t it?) and I’m confident to say, I have found a new love. 😊
What does your work station look like?
To be honest, check out a table at Starbucks…that’s pretty much it right there.
All-time favorite food?
I can dig french fries… + pizza, mmmm!
Currently… I don’t have a favorite author, but leave any recommendations below!
What do you think of open relationships?
It’s just dating at that point, isn’t it? It’s not a relationship honey if it’s not strictly you and 1 other person.
6. What is your favorite video game?
I guess being engaged to a gamer, I was bound to try playing at some point. I’ll admit I have tried playing (my friends back at home will judge me in 3…2…1…) Borderlands 2, The Division 2, and The Witcher 3, and Detroit: Become Human. But I will hand the favorite video game award to Sims 4. I’ll love anything that can have me styling people (fictional characters and all).
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
8. Your favorite movie?
I can watch both Sex and the City movies over and over. <3
9. Favorite book?
I haven’t had a favorite book since elementary school when I was obsessed with the Babysitter’s Club book series.
10. Best advice you’ve ever received?
“Pay your bills on time” - as said by Ma.
11. Twitter or instagram?
Instagraaammm. I don’t have a twitter.
12. Are you a desktop or laptop person?
I’m a laptop person.
13. What projects are you working on right now?
Working on the next couple blog posts: first impressions and another styling piece
14. What’s your favorite color?
A very light pink/peach.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
It was a MUST in my household. #strictparent
16. Dream job?
Stylist - to be surrounded by clothes all day and help people look/feel the best, uh sign me up!
17. Played any sports?
There was a serious thought about joining track and field in high school, but thankfully…it stayed as a thought. I have 0 athletic ability but I love watching basketball #dwadefan
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes. I graduated with a degree in business with a concentration in finance and economics. (RANDOM FUN FACT: I think I drank the most alcohol in my life during my college years…but still managed to graduate LOL)
I am Chamorro.
20. What’s your favorite kind of blog post to do?
If you took away anything from the last 19 questions, it should be that I love clothes and putting looks together. Styling posts are the most fun for me 😊 + playlist posts are a close second
21. What do you like to collect?
My newest obsession are InStyle magazines… + joggers
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Cheesy, shopaholic, sassy 😉
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
My friend Shella, memes that describe our life perfectly + really cute outfit inspo LOL.
25. What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
OMG, the DESERT DREAMER FLARE PANTS from Fashionnova in mauve…I. WANT. THEM.
26. Sorting house?
Lol, I had a feeling of what this was when I read the question, but good thing Natonya confirmed it for me. I’m not a Harry Potter fan but 2 of my good friends are! And to be honest they might say Slytherin for me LOL (shrugs).
27. How many tattoos do you have?
I currently don’t have any but I am interested in getting one. I am debating on the Guam coordinates or a dainty picture of heels, best believe I have a Pinterest board full of inspiration! Lol.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
I am grateful for my Fiance. He has supported me and encourages me constantly! <3
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Hmm, tough one considering that we’re only 10 days into the month…. let’s see. My tax refund? I mean a girl’s gotta shop! LOL.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
A good day, enjoying the beautiful weather + a little shopping, today was overall great.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Heels. The variety of styles, colors, how it elongates your legs, goes well with just about everything! And throwing on a sick pair of heels can really do wonders for your mood. I mean, you can’t go wrong…am I wrong ladies??
32. Favorite season?
Summer. Well actually that may just change to Spring… let’s go with Spring 😊 Final answer.
33. Favorite holiday?
My birthday? LOL (I sound like Stassi from Vanderpump Rules). I’ve had some of the best memories with my friends and family on my birthday.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
Sutton from The Bold Type. Stylish, finance degree but made a change to follow her passion and work in the fashion department at a magazine (while I don’t work for a magazine, I feel like starting my blog was a step towards a passion/goal that I’ve had for a very long time).
35. Do you like surprises?
I love surprises!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever had?
My mom showing up at school with a new car for my 18th birthday.
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry?
When my Fiance proposed.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
Do tequila shots count? Lol! Just kidding. A full day of birthday festivities.
39. Do you like muffins?
Not as much as cupcakes.
40. Do you cook often?
What is often? I cook maybe 4-5 times a week, but don’t be too impressed. I am extremely BASIC. You won’t see any 4 course meals prepared by this gal.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
Red velvet cake.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
43. Cake or pie?
CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE
44. What’s your least favorite food?
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
I’m not a huge fan of condiments… or sauces. I don’t mind ketchup with some french fries every now and then (shrugs).
46. It’s 4AM on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
I have been going through a phase where I would eat tangerines for breakfast so I probably would be reaching for tangerines at 4am.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
Style for the Stylish - Embracing your inner style 😊
48. Best animated film?
Toss up between Lion King and Pocahontas
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
LOL. There have been some interesting things….
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
NOT eat / people watch… (if you ever see me in person, ask me what that meant and I’ll tell you the story 😉)
52. What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
“Do I know you? Because you look a lot like my next girlfriend.” (eyeroll)
53. Best comic book character?
Rogue - Fiance’s answer… because I clearly don’t have a favorite…. lol!
54. What are 3 things that are always in your purse?
Wallet, keys, and lip balm
55. Favorite drink?
I’m a margarita gal! But if we’re talking non-alcoholic, pepsi 😊
56. If you could play a historical figure in a movie, who would it be?
Aaliyah (yes, she’s historical).
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Tell me your favorite sushi roll.
I’m a fan of tempura rolls!
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
I like NYX’s Lip Lingerie line.
60. What kind of foundation do you use?
Missha’s BB cream. #holygrailproduct
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Honey, blow dryyy. I do not have time to air dry.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I’ve been a fan of Shay Mitchell. She always looks effortlessly put together. I literally would wear every single thing she is pictured in. I also like Khloe Kardashian’s style.
63. Favorite Disney character?
I’ve always liked Pocahontas <3 Probably because she was one of the first cartoons that had a lead female character of color
64. What are you doing for tomorrow?
Let’s see, I think we may be checking out this traveling carnival at the mall. And most likely shoot some looks.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I feel like it takes a lot for movies or shows to make me laugh, but it’s safe to say that anything with Kevin Hart will have my stomach hurting from laughing waaayy too much.
66. Movie that made you cry?
I mean I did shed 1 tear when I watched Avengers Endgame. Damn (*insert superhero name here*)
67. If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
SHOT SHOT SHOT SHOT
69. What’s your favorite animal?
70. Favorite illustrator?
@dariart.art on Insta. She does some pretty cool stuff, definitely check her out!
71. Person you want to have coffee with?
My girl Shella. I miss those coffee dates.
72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
Listening to 90s R&B.